FedEx Money Back Guarantee
This guarantee can be suspended or revoked at our sole discretion without prior notice to you. We will, at our option, and upon request, either refund or credit to the applicable invoice only your transportation charges if we deliver a shipment 60 seconds or more after the applicable delivery commitment time. Offer void where prohibited by law.
The following limitations apply:
- Where customs or other regulatory agency clearances are delayed due to errors or omissions in your documentation, our delivery commitment time is modified by adding one business day for each day (or portion thereof) that such clearances are delayed. The money-back guarantee does not apply in the event of other customs or regulatory delays.
- An exact delivery commitment time can be obtained only by telephoning International Customer Service and supplying us with all of the following:
- Commodity being shipped
- Date of the shipment
- Exact destination
- Weight of the shipment
- Value of the shipment
- If the sender or recipient specifies a customs broker other than FedEx or the broker selected by FedEx (where this service is available), notification may be given to the broker by 12 p.m. on the first business day the shipment is available for customs clearance in the destination country, and such notification constitutes timely delivery. If the actual shipment is released to the broker in-bond, our responsibility terminates at the time we relinquish custody of the shipment to the broker. However, if we retain custody of the shipment and are requested to deliver the shipment, following receipt of the appropriate customs release paperwork from another customs broker following customs or other regulatory clearances, our delivery commitment time is modified by adding one business day for each day (or portion thereof) that our receipt of the paperwork is delayed.
- To qualify for a refund or credit due to a service failure, you must notify us of the service failure and request a refund or credit of your transportation charges in compliance with the conditions listed below. If you do not comply with these conditions, you are not entitled to receive a refund or credit and cannot recover compensation for a service failure in any lawsuit.
Any transit time published in the FedEx Service Guide or elsewhere, or quoted by Customer Service without the above five required facts, is only an estimate and is not a stated delivery commitment time.
- Requests for refund or credit of transportation charges due to a service failure must be submitted in writing to the local FedEx Customer Service Department.
- Your notification of a service failure must include your FedEx account number, if any, the air waybill or package FedEx tracking number, the shipment weight, the date of the shipment, and the recipient's name, address and postal code.
- All requests for refund or credit of transportation charges must be received via one of the approved channels within 15 calendar days of the invoice date or within 15 calendar days from the ship date if you are paying by credit card or in advance by cash, check or money order.
- A partial payment against an invoice is not considered a request for invoice adjustment or notice of a refund request. A notification of the reason for an unpaid charge with your payment is not considered a request for an invoice adjustment or notice of a refund request if the reason relates to a service failure.
- Proof of timely delivery, consisting of the date and time of delivery, and name of the person who signed for the shipment, or
- Service-exception information reflecting that the failure to deliver timely resulted from circumstances described under the Liabilities Not Assumed section.
However, if the sender or recipient specifies a customs broker other than FedEx or our designated broker and we retain custody of the shipment and are responsible for the delivery of the shipment following receipt of the appropriate customs release paperwork from another customs broker, our delivery commitment time is modified by adding one business day for each day (or portion thereof) that our receipt of such customs release paperwork is delayed due to inspection, sampling requirements, errors or omissions in your documentation, or acts, errors or omissions by the customs broker designated by the sender or recipient.
FedEx International Broker Select shipments for which we fail to meet the delivery commitments described in section V above are eligible for our money-back guarantee subject to the terms and conditions of our money-back guarantee policy.
KEEP UP WITH THE LATEST
Get the best tips, stats, and resources on the shipping and logistics industry, delivered straight to your inbox.
Get Started Today
Plus savings programs in parcel discounts, lost/damaged claims, shipping insurance, freight shipping, imports, and more!