FedEx Money Back Guarantee
This guarantee can be suspended or revoked at our sole discretion without prior notice to you. We will, at our option, and upon request, either refund or credit to the applicable invoice only your transportation charges if we deliver a shipment 60 seconds or more after the applicable delivery commitment time. Offer void where prohibited by law.
The following limitations apply:
- Where customs or other regulatory agency clearances are delayed due to errors or omissions in your documentation, our delivery commitment time is modified by adding one business day for each day (or portion thereof) that such clearances are delayed. The money-back guarantee does not apply in the event of other customs or regulatory delays.
- An exact delivery commitment time can be obtained only by telephoning International Customer Service and supplying us with all of the following:
- Commodity being shipped
- Date of the shipment
- Exact destination
- Weight of the shipment
- Value of the shipment
Any transit time published in the FedEx Service Guide or elsewhere, or quoted by Customer Service without the above five required facts, is only an estimate and is not a stated delivery commitment time.
- If the sender or recipient specifies a customs broker other than FedEx or the broker selected by FedEx (where this service is available), notification may be given to the broker by 12 p.m. on the first business day the shipment is available for customs clearance in the destination country, and such notification constitutes timely delivery. If the actual shipment is released to the broker in-bond, our responsibility terminates at the time we relinquish custody of the shipment to the broker. However, if we retain custody of the shipment and are requested to deliver the shipment, following receipt of the appropriate customs release paperwork from another customs broker following customs or other regulatory clearances, our delivery commitment time is modified by adding one business day for each day (or portion thereof) that our receipt of the paperwork is delayed.
- To qualify for a refund or credit due to a service failure, you must notify us of the service failure and request a refund or credit of your transportation charges in compliance with the conditions listed below. If you do not comply with these conditions, you are not entitled to receive a refund or credit and cannot recover compensation for a service failure in any lawsuit.
Notification of a service failure must include the account number, if any, the air waybill number or FedEx tracking number, the date of shipment, and complete recipient information.
A credit or refund under our money-back guarantee policy will be applied only against charges for the shipment giving rise to the credit.
A service failure will not be deemed to have occurred if after you notify us we provide you with:
- Requests for refund or credit of transportation charges due to a service failure must be submitted in writing to the local FedEx Customer Service Department.
- Your notification of a service failure must include your FedEx account number, if any, the air waybill or package FedEx tracking number, the shipment weight, the date of the shipment, and the recipient's name, address and postal code.
- All requests for refund or credit of transportation charges must be received via one of the approved channels within 15 calendar days of the invoice date or within 15 calendar days from the ship date if you are paying by credit card or in advance by cash, check or money order.
- A partial payment against an invoice is not considered a request for invoice adjustment or notice of a refund request. A notification of the reason for an unpaid charge with your payment is not considered a request for an invoice adjustment or notice of a refund request if the reason relates to a service failure.
We are not obligated to respond if your request is not received within the time limits stated above.
A service failure will not be deemed to have occurred if a bill-to account number was provided at the time of shipment that was not in good credit standing and the package was held until alternative payment arrangements were secured.
Only one refund or credit is permitted per package. In the case of multiple-package shipments, this money-back guarantee will apply to every package in the shipment. If a service failure occurs for any package within the shipment, a refund or credit will be given only for the portion of the transportation charges applicable to that package.
A refund or credit will be given only if complete recipient information was provided at the time of tender to FedEx. Complete recipient information must be provided on either the air waybill or through any FedEx electronic shipping device.
A refund or credit will not be given for shipments delayed due to incorrect addresses or to the unavailability or refusal of a person to accept delivery, whether or not the package is returned to the shipper, or sign for the package, or due to any of the causes described under the Liabilities Not Assumed section.
This money-back guarantee does not apply to requests for invoice adjustment based on overcharges (see the Billing section) or shipments to P.O. box addresses acceptable for delivery.
This money-back guarantee applies only to transportation charges and does not apply to duties, taxes or other charges, including ancillary service fees.
A refund or credit will not be given to customers using FedEx electronic shipping devices if incorrect FedEx tracking numbers are applied to the subject package or shipment.
This money-back guarantee applies to shipments tendered under FedEx International First, FedEx International Next Flight, FedEx International Priority, FedEx International Priority Freight, FedEx International Economy, FedEx International Economy Freight, FedEx International Priority DirectDistribution, FedEx International Priority DirectDistribution Freight, FedEx International Priority Plus, FedEx International Premium, FedEx International Broker Select and FedEx 10kg Box and FedEx 25kg Box.
The money-back guarantee for shipments destined for our extended service areas applies only to the portion of the transportation provided directly by us.
This money-back guarantee does not apply to FedEx International MailService.
For FedEx International Priority DirectDistribution and FedEx International Priority DirectDistribution Freight, the money-back guarantee for shipment delays is prorated based on the number and weight of packages within the shipment where delivery is not completed by the service commitment.
This money-back guarantee does not apply to undeliverable or returned shipments, or to any shipment containing dangerous goods or dry ice.
This money-back guarantee does not apply to delays in delivery caused by adherence to FedEx policies regarding the payment of duties and taxes prior to customs clearance or at delivery.
For FedEx International Broker Select shipments, if the sender or recipient specifies a customs broker other than FedEx or our designated broker (where this option is available) and if the shipment is to be released to the designated broker in-bond, our delivery commitment is met if we notify the broker of the availability of the shipment by 12 p.m. on the first business day the shipment is scheduled to be available for customs clearance in the destination country.
- Proof of timely delivery, consisting of the date and time of delivery, and name of the person who signed for the shipment, or
- Service-exception information reflecting that the failure to deliver timely resulted from circumstances described under the Liabilities Not Assumed section.
However, if the sender or recipient specifies a customs broker other than FedEx or our designated broker and we retain custody of the shipment and are responsible for the delivery of the shipment following receipt of the appropriate customs release paperwork from another customs broker, our delivery commitment time is modified by adding one business day for each day (or portion thereof) that our receipt of such customs release paperwork is delayed due to inspection, sampling requirements, errors or omissions in your documentation, or acts, errors or omissions by the customs broker designated by the sender or recipient.
FedEx International Broker Select shipments for which we fail to meet the delivery commitments described in section V above are eligible for our money-back guarantee subject to the terms and conditions of our money-back guarantee policy.
Credits for transportation charges will be applied to the payer's account only, and refunds will be made payable to the payer only.
The money-back guarantee will not apply to shipments scheduled for delivery on December 19-24 if the shipment was delivered within 90 minutes of the published delivery commitment time for the selected service and destination.
Holidays in international locations will affect our transit times. Contact International Customer Service for information on delivery commitments that may be affected due to the observance of these holidays. Deliveries normally scheduled to be made on the day of holiday observance will be rescheduled for delivery on the next business day. The delivery commitment for application of the money-back guarantee policy will be extended for a period equal to the length of the holiday.
There are no delivery commitments for shipments on which the money-back guarantee is suspended.
No refund or credit will be provided if an international freight shipment was not booked as required.