Frequently Asked Questions
Sign Up FAQs
What is your service fee?
Our service is based on your shipping volume, but all fees are contingency-based. We have no sign-up fees and no monthly fees. If you are a high volume shipper, feel free to contact us for a customized program.
Will this affect my carrier relationship in any way?
No, the agreement made to you by FedEx and UPS includes an on-time delivery guarantee. If this is not met, they promise to refund your shipping costs. You are not receiving any extra benefits. This is part of their commitment to you for using their services.
Do we need to sign a long-term contract?
Absolutely not. There is no long-term obligation. We work on a month-to-month basis. If you are not happy with our services, you can cancel anytime.
When will I see refunds on my account?
If we find late shipments you should see those refunds within the first 2-4 weeks of your account being activated.
When should I see my shipping analytics?
Typically you'll see your analytics by the second week after your account is activated. Are there any hidden charges? Absolutely not, we only invoice you if we've found refunds.
How does 71lbs notify me when I receive a refund?
You'll receive an email for each week we find you refunds, so be sure all contact information is up to date.
What do I need to do to collect my refunds?
Nothing. The refunds we notify you about have already been credited to your FedEx or UPS account, here's how it works:
- If you've already paid for the shipment that was refunded, FedEx will either send you a check for the refund amount or, if you paid by credit card, they will issue a credit back to your card. If you haven't paid for the shipment yet, you should under-pay the invoice by the amount of the refund.
- UPS issues a credit to your next invoice. Our email notification will include the invoice number where each refund was credited.
So are you notifying me of the full refund we received, or the amount after 71lbs took its portion?
We notify you of the full amount that was credited to your FedEx or UPS account. We do not take any portion of your refund, it goes straight to your account. We then invoice you for our portion at the end of the month.
How can I verify we received these refunds on our shipping account?
You can log in to your shipping account online, here's how:
- Log in to your fedex.com account, point your mouse at the "Manage" link and select "View/Pay Bills."
- Then, point your mouse at the "Search/Download" tab and select "New Search or Download."
- On the right side of the page, select "Tracking ID" and enter the tracking #.
- Click "Search" and then click the link for the tracking number.
- Finally, click "view invoice history" and scroll to the bottom of the page to view the “Dispute and Adjustment History” table.
- Log in to ups.com, point your mouse at the "My UPS" tab at the top of the page and select "Billing."
- In the middle column, under "UPS Billing Data," click "Log in to UPS Billing Data."
- Select the UPS account # you want to view and click "Search."
- Scroll down and locate the invoice # that is listed in the email notification we sent you.
- Open the PDF version of the invoice.
- Once the PDF document is open, search (by pressing and holding down the CTRL key and pressing the F key) then search for the words "Service Refund".
- You will then see the refund(s) credited to that invoice.
When is a package considered late?
This depends on the carrier:
- For USPS, a package is considered late if it is not delivered in 15 days after its shipping date.
- For UPS, a package is considered late if it is not delivered within 24 hours of its expected delivery time/date.
- For DHL, according to their website, "all claims must be submitted in writing to DHL within thirty (30) days of the date that DHL accepted the Shipment"
Billing & Invoicing FAQs
Why am I receiving an invoice?
Congratulations! If you're receiving an invoice from us it means you've already received refunds! The way FedEx and UPS work is that you receive the full refund psosted to your shipping account. We then invoice you for our percentage of the fee.
So you have not taken your percentage fee yet?
No, the refunds are credited in full directly into your shipping account(s). We then invoice you for our fee at the end of the month in which you received refunds.
How can I pay 71lbs?
We invoice customers on a monthly basis, and many of our customers prefer to have their credit card on file for auto debit, which is charged at the end of the month. Some customers prefer to send their payments by mail.
How do I save a credit card on file with 71lbs?
Sign into your 71lbs dashboard with your email address, click on “Business” and under “Billing Information” you can add your card information.
What forms of payment do you accept?
We accept Visa, Mastercard, Amex, Paypal and checks.
What address should I mail a check to?
71 Pounds, Inc.
510 Shotgun Road, Suite 301
Sunrise, FL 33326