Want Your Business to Go the Distance? You Need to Study Every Mile
- Want Your Business to Go the Distance? You Need to Study Every Mile
- What Every Company Needs to Know About Shipping Refunds
- SGIA partners with 71lbs
- UPS Denial Emails
- 5 Tips to Assess your Carrier's Agreement with 71lbs Dashboard
- 3 more ways to lower your FedEx and UPS costs
- 71lbs Dashboard Face-lift
- 71lbs named as one of "Top 8 startups from Fort Lauderdale"
- Shipping Factoids South Florida
- inXpress Global Convention 2018
- 71lbs Now Available on QuickBooks Apps Store
- Collect Your Shipping Refunds with 71lbs
- Ecommerce Bytes
- Enhancing Inbound Receiving
- Persistence Pays Off
- Shipping Waivers… FedEx first, now UPS! Really?
- Waived, Unscrupulously!
- Always Have A Plan, And Then Review That Plan!
- Video: What News Networks Say About 71lbs
- FedEx Money Back Guarantee Policy
- UPS Money Back Guarantee Policy
Spread the Word
For consumers, late delivery means more time staring at the shipping carrier’s tracking page. For retailers and suppliers, it can mean “goodbye” to those customers and their future business. Lost profits and missed opportunities are just two of the real costs of late delivery.
Every business knows the golden rule: time is money. How much money? Let’s talk billions. Did you know businesses lose $75 billion a year due to poor customer service? You can let a customer down in many ways, but whichever ball you drop, 39 percent of customers say they’re not going to use you again.
Speed of delivery is an escalating concern for companies, particularly if they’re an eCommerce retailer or supplier. As many as 63 percent of shoppers currently expect three-day delivery as standard, and 40 percent say longer than a 48-hour delivery window means they’d shop elsewhere. The retail market is jumping to the challenge: 65 percent of retailers intend to offer same-day delivery in 2019.
Timely delivery will make or break a reputation in the years to come, so it’s more important than ever that companies take control of their shipping operations. If your business ever dispatched a timely order but ran afoul because of UPS or FedEx delays, this blog is for you.
How businesses pay when it’s not their fault
A late delivery in one piece, to the right address, is sometimes a best-case scenario; at least it gets there intact. There are many other delivery drains on a company’s bottom line, such as:
- Lost and damaged items – $3 billion packages are lost or damaged every year
- Packages manifested but not shipped
- Address corrections
- Residential surcharges
These are only a selection of ways in which carriers like FedEx or UPS can let your business down. Businesses could then foot the bill in loss of future revenue from unsatisfied customers, negative reviews on social media (turning away even more potential customers), or customers who simply want a refund.
Wouldn’t it be great if your business could be aware of every step of a parcel’s journey, from the moment you hand it to your carrier, to the instant it hits the customer’s mailbox? With that kind of insight, you’d be able to mitigate delivery cost losses and customer resentment. Your business would be empowered by in-depth tracking information which could be passed along to the customer, including detailing carrier information and estimated arrival times, which are updated in real time.
This would allow both you and your customers to keep tabs on delivery and know when it’s really going to be there, not when everyone hoped it would be. Most consumers want updates and reminders - 83 percent expect a guaranteed delivery date, 82 percent want to be informed on every fulfilment and delivery stage, while 80 percent want a time slot for the package’s arrival.
We’re talking about a service that clarifies the shipping process and lets businesses hold courier companies to full account. We’re talking about a world where retailers, suppliers, and manufacturers no longer accept excuses, mysteries, and lost profits from FedEx and UPS. In short, we’re talking about us.
71lbs has nine fantastic services that help you save money
Did you know there are over $2 billion in late shipping refunds left unclaimed every year? Businesses deserve to know this, and how to claim them. It’s our mission to provide you with every possible opportunity to save on your shipping costs. Here are just a few ways we do it:
- Late delivery refunds – Even if a company knows it deserves a refund for late delivery by UPS or FedEx, many let that money slip away due to the time and effort paperwork requires. 71lbs takes care of all of that for you, ensuring you get a full refund on overnight, ground, and international shipments that are even one minute late.
- Invoice audits – We only gave the tip of the iceberg when we listed the many faces of late delivery costs. 71lbs audits your invoices in over 60 categories, studying them for all the ways you might be overcharged.
- Lost and damaged refunds – Our clients don’t see the words “lost” or “damaged” and then give up! We fight in your corner by filing claims and using potential tracking numbers to get you answers and secure a refund.
- The best in shipping analytics – No more handing parcels over to the courier and hoping for the best. 71lbs provides premium analytics which let you scrutinize every stage of the shipping journey to keep tabs on your carrier’s performance.
We do a lot more. Why make the trade-off of opportunity cost? Time spent tracking down late orders amid all the on-time ones, robs you of precious hours. Those are hours you could use to get more items shipped out. Partnering with 71lbs means you pay nothing in sign-up fees and there are no long-term contracts or monthly fees; we only get paid when you do.
Businesses are making 2019 the year they take their shipping to the next level. Make 71lbs your shipping refund partner and do the same!
At 71lbs, it’s our mission to clarify the shipping process for our clients, making it easier and faster for them to access refunds and optimize their expenses. Our human-operated platform helps gather all your shipping information into one easy-to-use custom analytics dashboard which puts everything at your fingertips. Drop by the contact page for ways to get in touch.
Get Started Today
Plus savings programs in parcel discounts, lost/damaged claims, shipping insurance, freight shipping, imports, and more!